Monday, March 19, 2007

I Have Wanted To Write About Dumpster Diving For A Long Time

I have wanted to write stuff about dumpster diving and post it on the World Wide Web ever since the first time that I ever went on the Internet.

In 1999, when I was first learning how to use a computer, I attended a free Internet beginner’s class at a local library. After the first 1/2 hour of introductive instruction, the instructor said to type some words into the Internet search box that relate to something which you are very interested in. I used to live in Maine, so I put in Patten Maine; and wow was I surprised at all the hits I got and how there are web sites showing all about the places where I lived and worked up there. I had expected to see that all web sites were all just plain text and general info kinda’ deals. The Maine web sites are beautiful, and I was sitting there feeling absolutely amazed and pleased that I had finally found out just what the Internet actually is, when all of a sudden, from across that library room full of computers and other people, I heard a loud voice say, "DUMPSTER DIVING! DUMPSTER DIVING? IS DUMPSTER DIVING A SPORT?" In a room full of that many people naturally one of them had to type in "sports" as their first main interest for web searching.

My second Internet search was for dumpster diving. I had been a serious and successful d-diver for around 7-8 years previous to that day at the library, and when I saw what was posted on the web by other d-divers, well I tell ya, it was exciting. Then I read a web page where it was open for all dumpster divers to post their best finds. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord and Dive That Dumpster! Ole Dave done found a mighty fine thing!

Ever since that first five minutes on the WWW, I have been waiting to get myself and my writing skills together enough to write about dumpster diving and share my d-divin skills and adventures with the whole freakin' world.

Keep yur’ eyes open, yur’ nose closed, and DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!








No comments: